VBA Code compatibility between Excel 2007 & 2010

Lomic6

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I would be interested to know if there are compatibility issues in VBA Coding (writing and running) between Excel 2007 and Excel 2010.

Thanks,
Lomic6

Absolutely, there are. :)

Honeslty, I don't think there are too many issues that you'll running into if you're writing in 2007 and going up to 2010. It would be the other way that you might run into problems.

THe biggest issues are when you start moving to Excel 2010 64 bit. That has some pretty funky changes needed as you need to start dealing with points instead of Long variables in API declarations. (If you don't use API's, it's not a big deal though.)

Are you concerned about something in particular?

Hi Ken,

If Excel 2010 can run VBA code written in v2007, i am fine. But if VBA code written in 2010 cannot run under v2007, then i have concern.
Do you know if it exists a table of equivalence between VBA code in v2007 and VBA code in v2010 ?

Thanks &
Regards,
Lomic6

Hi Lomic6...

I had compared the VBA Objects from Excel 2010 (at that time for the Beta of Excel 2010) with them from
2007 and 2003 and written an article in the English version of my blog. You can also download a workbook
with the comparison results from there. Perhaps the file is helpful.

Best Regards :)

Hi Maninweb,

Thanks for the info.
Very interesting.

For the Attributes what is the meaning of I, H, R and O ?

Thanks,
Lomic6

Hi Lomic6...

Oh, I did only mention them in an previous article, here the meaning of the letters...

• Types
    O = Object
    P = Property
    M = Method or Event
    C = Constant
  • Attributes
    I = Interface method
    H = Hidden
    R = Read only
    O = Instanciation using Set
Best Regards :)

Hi Maninweb,