user form help

sujithy007

Reaction score
Hi
can any one help me to get the data in groups in user form,
like i have group1- in that we are having subgroups, like gp1-subgrp1, gp1-subgrp2, .. like this.
when we click on group1, the subgroups should appear and when we click again subgroups should hide..
like we can have grop2 and group3 , .. so on..

i can acheive by this treeview concept, but i need in any other way.. so pls help me in this..
thank you

Hi,

Can you attach a copy so we can see what you are trying to do?

u can find in attached sheet, and please let me know if have any ideas, in doing other way
Hi,

Can you attach a copy so we can see what you are trying to do?

Attachments

• form_lib.xlsm
    121.7 KB · Views: 41
Hi,

Are you wanting to show the list of "Teams" and then click on the Team you wish to see the "Team members"?

Ok,

When the "Team Members" are listed what do you want to happen?

Added: The actual concept of "TreeView" I'm not familiar with.

when we click on team, the team members should appear, and when we click again on the same team, the listed team members should hide.... this is concept.. u can see this functionality on yahoo messanger.. in that u have groups, like wise i need the same

Hi,

When you open the file and select "Team" you will see the Teams.
You can double click the Team and the "Tree View" will show. You can the double click on the same team and the TreeView" will collapse.
Not sure what you want to do after this.

Attachments

• form_lib1.xlsm
    125.8 KB · Views: 58
hi
thanks for replay
i need this, with out mscomctl library..
Hi,

When you open the file and select "Team" you will see the Teams.
You can double click the Team and the "Tree View" will show. You can the double click on the same team and the TreeView" will collapse.
Not sure what you want to do after this.

HI,

I'm not sure what you mean by:

i need this, with out mscomctl library..

What is it your trying to do?
The form shows the "TreeView".
Are you receiving an error?
What do you want to accomplish when the form is displayed.
There is a thread in the forum that may help you more than I.
It's

""excelguru.ca/content.php?194""

Remove the quotes to see the site.
Add the url.

@Charles: What sujithy007 means is that on some machines when you run your procedure you get a "Compile error: Can't find project or Library, and this is highlighted in the VBE:
Private Sub TreeView1_NodeClick(ByVal Node As MSComctlLib.Node

@sujithy007: Couple of thoughts:
1) Does this have to be in a userform? You could achieve a similar result using SQL or PivotTables or dynamic dependant dropdowns. Happy to discuss further, but need to know a little more about what you want to do with the output.
2) You can get an EXCELLENT treeview from http://www.jkp-ads.com/articles/treeview.asp that replacing the Common Controls Treeview with an all-VBA counterpart.

Back