Merge rows without loosing content of certain columns

ernestaigner

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a table with about 10000 entries and 30 Columents. Each row has an ID where about 4000 rows have the same ID. These rows are exactly the same except 6 columns in which they have binary (empty or 1) information. I would like to merge duplicate rows and if one of them has a "1" in a certain column, the merged row shall also have a 1.

How can I do that? I tried now for about 2 hours, but don't find a soluation. I tried by sorting a checking whether the next row has the same entry. However, since sometimes there are three rows which are the same except the binary value, this approach is not working. I am happy for any suggestions!!!!

I also google alreay, however, not successfully. Maybe I am looking for the wrong thing.

THANK YOU!!!

Ernest

Hi
may you post the sheet so i can help you to do so?
regarding the merge without losing data you can try using ASAP Utilities and it will do the trick with one single mouse click.

Hi,

I installed ASAP Utilities now, however, I only find a delete duplicate function, but no function which allows me to merge the data of the duplicate cells. Where do I find that?

Hi,

I installed ASAP Utilities now, however, I only find a delete duplicate function, but no function which allows me to merge the data of the duplicate cells. Where do I find that?

Hi,

Here an Excel sheet with a few example rows. I would like to merge columns BH to BO. Column BP to BR show the duplicates. The ID is in Column BD.

Thank you very much!!!

Attachments

• example_duplicates.xlsx
    27 KB · Views: 10
Hi thank you!

I have seen that, but this just merges all the rows I select, however I would like to merge only duplicate rows. Since the file is very long I cannot pick one by one.

Do arrange or sort and then do the merge.

Hi,

thanks! I am using now an ablebits addon which does exactly what I want!

However, Thankyou for your help! Ernest

what is the link?
is it free?

Back