Ken Puls

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.excelguru.ca
Excel Version(s)
Excel Office 365 Insider
As per Oli's request, I have added Gravatar (Globally Recognized Avatar) support on the forums.

If you have a Gravatar associated with the email account you used to sign up, it should be working now. (If you'd like to override it for this site, just upload an avatar here and it will use that instead.)

If you don't have a Gravatar, and want one, you can sign up at www.gravatar.com

For those without a Gravatar, your default icon will be a cartoon face of some kind. You can also upload your own avatar still if you don't like the default, and don't want to set up a Gravatar account.

:)

Actually, this is kind of neat. I hooked up a Gravatar with the image you see at left. It's now pulling it in to a few of the different blogs that I comment on. I always wondered how people got their pictures there!

You have that as your gravatar??? i thought it was something you keep on the fireplace to keep the kids from the fire :):):)

Hi...

...If you'd like to override it for this site, just upload an avatar here and it will use that instead...you can also upload your own avatar
I have a question concerning the avatars. When I am going to My settings -> My Profile -> Edit Avatar, I can only choose an avatar from a predefined list. Have I overseen something or am I in the wrong settings section?

Best regards :)

Nope, you've overlooked nothing :), as you are a new member and not that many posts, your only options are to use a standard avatar provided by us, or have a random gravatar (if you have no avatar) or visit the gravatar site and upload your own or have your own gravatar created via your email address then it will show here and any site that you belong to that has gravatars enabled.

I have a question concerning the avatars. When I am going to My settings -> My Profile -> Edit Avatar, I can only choose an avatar from a predefined list. Have I overseen something or am I in the wrong settings section?

Really? There's no custom avatar option there?

Hi Simon, Hi Ken...

Firstly, thanks for your help :)

I deleted my custom avatar from the predefined list. Refreshing a thread with a post from me shows now the random avatar. I have an account at gravatar.com and I just verified my mail-address and image upload there. @Ken: However my profile does not show an option for using gravatar or uploading my own one; please see picture below. @Simon: how many posts are needed for being allowed to upload an avatar?

Attachments

• excelguru.profile.jpg
    excelguru.profile.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 29
Your gravatar should be uploaded at gravatar.com or created there, it will then show here, there isn't a facility to upload your gravatar here as such. I'll speak to Ken and see if we can't get a breakdown of account enhancements and their post/membership length thresholds added to the FAQs :)

Hi Simon...

thanks for the fast reply; it seems to me, that perhaps gravatar needed some time to update or something similar.

Because now, after 2,5 hours from my last visit, the avatar is shown here. So there is for me no more need to upload my own avatar. Thanks again :)

@Ken: However my profile does not show an option for using gravatar or uploading my own one; please see picture below. @Simon: how many posts are needed for being allowed to upload an avatar?

Should be fixed now. I didn't realize that regular user accounts could not upload custom avatars. I've changed that now.

not sure if it's from the forum upgrade, but i was able to upload an avatar from my computer, it was unser settings, edit my avatar, and choose custom avatar

Back