Calculating Net working days using power query.

mitchandsuzy

Reaction score
Before I start - this is the reference I used on Ken's Blog - Calculate Hours Worked - Ref Blog 10th June 2015.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge!! I have bought M is for Data Monkey and Matt Allingtons Power Pivot book to try to teach myself how to use these great add-ins.

I have modified the Code that Bill Szysz allowed us to look at in the blog above.

It works okay but it duplicates all the results - I can get rid of the duplications in PQ using remove duplicates - but that offends me - I want to get the answer right the first time. (Watching too much Mike Holmes!).

Is there a debug mode?? I am sure it is an issue with the joining method but I can't find anything to help online or in the books.

I will attach the file that Bill created and I modified.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Suzy

Attachments

• PQ_WorkingDaysBetweenTwoDates.xlsx
    31.3 KB · Views: 191

Herbds7

Banned
Reaction score
Remove Duplicates works for me.
See this book:
Power Query for Power BI and Excel
by Chris Webb

mitchandsuzy

Reaction score
Thanks Herbds,

I will look for the book.

I am rather confused though - back in the 90s when I programmed in SQL getting duplicate records meant that I had stuffed up the join - so I assumed I had done something wrong in the calculations. It's just that if there is duplication that may mean there are other unintended consequences....

Suzy

mitchandsuzy

Reaction score
Thanks very very much Herbds,

I can use this to get my report done in the interim.

I still want to debug the function so if anyone else has any ideas - if I figure it out I will post as well.

Thanks again

Suzy