Can you sort data over several sheets?

Valiant67

Reaction score
I have a WB with data spread across several sheets.

The first sheet has demographic data, with each row being a different event. Column A is a number field that references each event. Lets say I had 100 rows of events, it is simple to make it a table and then sort it by the column headers in row 1.

In sheet 2, I have made each row, in column A, "=" to the corresponding row in sheet one. Same in sheet 3, sheet 4..... Each sheet row 3, has different type data about the same event, uniquely keyed in column A. (Hope this is clear)

What I want to do is sort the data on sheet 1, and as it re-orders the rows on sheet 1, do it the same on each subsequent sheet. I can currently sort on sheet 1, and it changes column A n the other sheets, but the data connected on the other sheets doesn't move.
Clear as mud right? HELP!

It would be much simpler to have the data in one Table.

Yes, but due to the amount of data, (5 rows per event) side by side comparisons would be difficult, and this is the whole point.

Thanks.

Why 5 rows per event? I don;t think you have set your table up to act as an efficient database, but it's hard to comment without seeing an example

Back